Tuesday, February 17, 2009


Hey guys, This is my first ever blog so I'm going to learn as I go. This in fact is my first ever Blog entery! How exciting hey. I've decided to start a blog on my N scale city layout that I've been working on (and off again) for about 10 years now. I have mind you only really started to take it a new level over the last couple of years. It's a lot of work but it's fun and enjoyable. Thanks To New people in the hobby from Chris at http://rotatingcoupler.blogspot.com/ Tim who's a contact on my Flickr account http://flickr.com/photos/32654421@N06/ Don, Kirk, Greg, and others on the newly establish Urban Modeling forum at http://www.nscale.net/forums/modeling/structures-general-scenery-techniques/urban-modelling-0 I've been constantly motivated by the highest levels of modeling and helpful enthusiam and encouragement.

N scale is either 1:150 scale or 1:160 scale depending on the country you are living in. In Japan almost all N scale is 1:150 where as here in North America it's 1:160 scale. In the past N scale has been a much less popular scale than H.O. (1:87) scale. However in the past years N scale has become much more popular due to people living in condos (thus smaller area for layouts), and the fact that prices are a bit cheaper. In places like Japan H.O. is very Rare. A lot of my City structures have been made by Japanese Products not offered in The U.S. or Canada. The other hard part in finding N scale skyscrapers and city structures has been the fact that very few modelers model Urban Layouts. Thus products have been hard to find and I've resorted to a lot of kitbashing, a little bit of scratch building ( I want to do a lot more of this) and other means to create city buildings.

New products....

I have been very extremely impressed with the new products now coming online with N scale. Some amazing products I never thought would be possible. I've spent the last two years emailing and sometimes calling companies with ideas and wishes, and it's been amazing to see how well they listen. Anyways on to my blog. I've got hundreds of photos So I won't post them all on here. I have a Flickr account where I have been hosting a lot of my images and lately step by step details in specific building creations!

Regarding my layout... Well I don't have one yet...but...
This has and is and will be a very tough layout to complete. I've already put in thousands of hours of modeling and it's not even close to half way. Though fun right!!! Well sometimes...hahahaa.

This is where you can find some of my N scale building photos and mock city photos...
http://flickr.com/photos/55063726@N00/collections/72157612768739708/
Each on of these sets can contain over a hundred photos each though some may only have 20 0r so.

Well this is my first entry.

I'll leave you with a simple photo I took about two weeks ago with about 80 percent of my buildings placed in a mock set up.

Anyways thanks for reading my blog...hopefully it'll get better as I become more use to this blogging thing! :D

Cheers, Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment